Forms History Add-on
Forms History is an add-on for Google Forms that allows you to see revisions to forms and make back-up copies. Forms History uses Google Apps Script which is a scripting language that runs on Google servers. Apps Script can be used by developers to build 3rd party add-ons for Google Workspace. As a third party Forms History complies with the Google APIs Terms of Service and the Google API Services: User Data Policy.
To function the Forms History add-on requires authorisation to access information in your Google account. The permissions required are explained below:
- See, edit, create and delete all of your Google Drive files – required for the add-on to: request the revision history of the Google Form this add-on has been installed in; and optionally make a copy of the form and save it in your Google Drive. As part of the copy process Forms History lets you select a Google Drive folder for the copy of the form.
- View and manage forms that this application has been installed in – required for Forms History to get the Google Form ID that this add-on has been installed in.
- Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications – required to display sidebars and dialogs in the Google Form this add-on has been installed in.
Like most website operators, this site (https://hawksey.info/forms-history/) collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The website’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use this site. From time to time, this site may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
The Forms History add-on does not send or make accessible to us any personally identifiable information whilst it is being used with your Google account. Forms History users (add-on and website) can choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, if you contact us with support requests we gather basic identifiable information (name and email address). In each case, we process such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of providing support. You can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it prevents them from logging support requests and associated activities.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Forms History discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on this website’s behalf or to provide services available on this website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using this website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Forms History will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, Forms History discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights third parties, or the public at large. If you send us a request (for example via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Forms History takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Use of personal information
We will not use the information you provide Forms History in any other way.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We would like to send you email communications which may be of interest to you from time to time. If you have consented to marketing, you may opt out later.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Legal grounds for processing personal information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you;
- explicit consent that you have given;
- legal obligations.
Access to data
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please email [email protected].
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under data protection law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or independently correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information (for information on deletion from archives, see the “Retention of personal information” section);
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please email [email protected].
Third Party Links
Our website may contain links to other websites provided by third parties not under our control. When following a link and providing information to a 3rd-party website, please be aware that we are not responsible for the data provided to that third party.
Last updated: 26 April 2022