NodeGL is designed to display scaleable and interactive versions of NodeXL graphs. To view your own NodeXL output using this veiwer:
- Generate your graph in NodeXL and File > Save As > Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls) clicking Continue and Yes in the dialog popups
- Upload the generated .xls file to Google Docs making sure you tick 'Convert documents, presentations, spreadsheets and drawings to the corresponding Google Docs format'
- Open the uploaded spreadsheet and select File > Publish to the web... and publish all the sheets
- Copy the spreadhseet key from the link box (it will be similar to the example key highlighted in this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB&key=0AqGkLMU9sHmLdFFUc3V0T3RjcFlBMVZCekpCTGcxVVE&output=html
- To view your graph replace the highlight part of this url with your own spreadsheet key http://hawksey.info/nodegl/#0AqGkLMU9sHmLdFFUc3V0T3RjcFlBMVZCekpCTGcxVVE
NodeGL uses the canvas element, which might cause compatibility issues with older browsers. It has been tested with the latest Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer versions. It doesn't work with Internet Explorer 8 or older.
Only part of the NodeXL graph schema has been implemented so features like node labels and shape are ignored.